3 YEAR Program
Is a career in Cosmetology for you? Consider these vital characteristics:
- Are you creative?
- Do you enjoy working with your hands?
- Do you place a value on things like attractive appearance,
stylish hair, neat fingernails?
- Are you always striving for improvement?
- Do you ever dream of owning your own business?
If your answer is yes to most of these questions, then Cosmetology could be for you.
A Cosmetology Student must:
- Complete an application that includes proof of a 9th grade education
A Cosmetology Student should
- Have a sincere interest in working with people
- Be able to interpret a customer's needs
- Have an inclination for artistic creation
- Have finger & manual dexterity
- Have good color perception
- Have personal neatness
- Be able to stand for a long period of time
- Have ambition and self-motivation
The future for the Cosmetology industry is promising. The industry has a constant demand for qualified, well-trained graduates. Whether you want to specialize in nails, make-up or skin care, become a master educator, a state inspector or another area of cosmetology, the job opportunities in the cosmetology industry are endless. The industry also offers many opportunities for an individual to start his/her own business.
Disinfection & Sanitation
PA Cosmetology Law
Histology / Trichology
Shampoo & Conditioning
Temporary Hair Removal
Care of All Hair
Types & Textures
MEET THE INSTRUCTOR
Ms. Kristen Deets has been in the cosmetology industry for more than 13 years and has been teaching for 8 years. Before teaching at CCCTC, she taught at Venango Technology Center. She is a graduate of Venango Technology Center Cosmetology department and Oil City Area High School.
Before becoming a teacher she was a stylist at multiple different salons and a NOCTI proctor for cosmetology. To stay current in the ever changing beauty industry, Ms. Deets takes various hands-on cosmetology classes and attends hair shows. She is currently enrolled in the Vocational Instructor program at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Instructional sequence & POS
PA Skills Certificate
The student must pass the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology exam before entering the workforce.